Sunday, June 21, 2009

Oh The Poet....

This weekend has been kinda silly. I actually did nothing eventful. I hung out at home and just relaxed, which was all very much needed. So on Saturday I was throwing the idea of calling The Poet and maybe hang out with him...why not? I had nothing better to do. So he actually had texted me earlier in the day asking to see what was going on with me and blah blah blah and to call him when I had a chance. So I called him around 7ish. He asked if he could call me in 20 mins....I was like sure...but in my head, I was like...wtf?? So he called me, I missed his call, and then I called him a little later. He tells me about his friends b-day party, details are all shady, and then says he would have wanted me to go, and I was like, yeah, if you had asked I would have. So basically this is what I think. He did think about asking me to go with him, but then kept throwing the idea back and forth in his head on whether it would be a good idea or not, and then while he was actually in route to his friends party, he changed his mind and really did want me to go...but...its in freakin Hacienda Heights....which is like 45 mins away from where I live.

So he is suggesting that I drive out there to his friends house and I can hang out with him at this party. I like that he tried enticing me to go by stating that there would be free food and drinks, and that then we could spend the night there. LOL....uh huh. Needless to say that I was not about to drive there alone to who knows where to meet him. And really, if he REALLY wanted me to go, he would have told me about it earlier and we would have gone together.

So I tell him, "no thanks". He asked what I was going to do. I said I was just going to stay home and hang out. Some how I knew this was not the last time I would be hearing from him this night. So I ended up falling asleep early and woke up around 3 am to brush my teeth. I had 2 URGENT messages from him. Both messages were him asking if he could come over and spend the night with me....especially since he didn't have a bed that night. I will need to blog one day about my Poet's lack of bed. He called me around 12am and it was now 3am. He was probably already sleeping.

And I thought, he is SOO incredibly dumb, because he would have totally gotten some that evening had he played his cards right. But honestly, the guy has no game. He could have

1. asked me to go to his friend's party with him. We would have for sure come back to my place, and he would have gotten some.
2. been really bumbed that he didn't think to ask me sooner to go with him to his friend's party and then said, "I am going to go to my friend's party for a few hours, and then we should hang out?". I would have totally said Yes...especially since I had already shaved me legs. But he is just too lame to think ahead I guess.

*sigh* what a dork.

No comments: