Sunday, February 8, 2009

Older Men......

Last night I went to a meet and greet with my new older gentlemen friend. At first I thought we'd meet for dinner, but when he suggested we first meet at Starbucks and then go from there, I thought.....yeah, perfect. Perfect because if it all was too awkward and weird, then we could just meet for maybe 30 mins and then call it a night as oppose to a full meal which could entail a possible polite 2 hours. So I am in route to Starbucks and I walk in not really knowing what to expect....and there he was...my date, the silver fox. My date looked like a cross between Ted Danson and Al Paccino...I know....hard to explain. Too bad he didn't look like my old man crush Mr. Nicholson, cause then...who knows how the night would have ended!

So I get there and Silver Fox instantly recognizes me. He stands up to greet me and we hug. He smelled nice, was wearing a black sweater, black slacks, black everything. We had discussed where I worked and he wore a golf jacket with the name of the company where I work...haha, funny. Let me start off by saying that my first 2009 Starbucks meet and greet consisted of me buying myself my latte and my date just sitting there having a count down to when he could make out with me in the parking lot. (the date ended in me calling it a night, him walking me to my car, and then proceeding to beg for a good night kiss....not good!) My other Starbucks date consisted of my date buying my latte and looking annoyed for having to pay for it, and then didn't get up to get my drink once it was ready. Needless to say, that date didn't go well either.

In this Starbucks dates, the silver fox had selected a table against the wall. He was sitting on the cushion side and I sat on the chair. He asked if I would prefer to sit on the bench since it was more comfortable, which I gladly accepted. He then asked what I would like to drink. I told him my drink of choice and he got up and returned with a drink in hand. (side note....so I've been to this Starbucks many times before and the last time I was there alone, there was this guy there who was totally flirting me up. Well, he was there again last night! He looked surprised and happy to see me, but I tried to pretend not to see him...cause well, I was kinda there with someone else. Good thing he left soon...cause otherwise...yikes!)

SilverFox and I had a pleasant time. He talked, I mostly listened. He felt compelled to tell me as much about himself as possible. I think he is pretty well off, but I could tell he was being cautious about not disclosing too about his monetary situation. I also decided to ask him why he preferred to date younger women. He has a daughter the same age as me and a son who is 3 years older than me. He said that he had triple bypass surgery and after he got better, he decided life was too short, he was married too long to a woman he only stayed with because of his kids, and that now he was a new man and he deserved it. He deserved to date a younger woman. Wow....I had never heard it put that way. I guess the title really does fit, The Young Trophy Wife/Girlfriend. These old dudes date the younger women because they think they deserve it. So the conversation was good. Some parts were a little dull. We talk about the vanity table he is making for my bedroom. Hopefully he actually makes it! Our date was ok. We didn't going anywhere else afterwards. All of it was a lot to take it in I guess...especially for him...and me too. I will admit to feeling the stares, or maybe it was in my head. Who knows.

I will say this. I didn't end the night feeling like, "OMG, I am SOOO glad this is over". I ended the night thinking/feeling....."huh.....ok". Don't know if that makes sense. So the question now is, if he asks to see me again, will I go. The answer to that is.......

No comments: