Friday, February 6, 2009

The Miata Killed It!

Last night I called my little McLovin date from Sunday. I called him thinking that maybe after talking to him on the phone, I might change my mind about not wanting to see him again. But no….talking to him on the phone only confirmed that I didn't want to see him again. I just can't deal with his voice and his personality. He would have been nice to know in HS, but now as an adult. Most guys grow out of what ever stage he is currently stuck in as a 36 year old man. So I am talking to McLovin (he sounds like a mix of McLovin and a midget…..yes, very hot) and he is making pleasant conversation. He is also going on and on about his car…."the convertible". So I finally, I was like…."ok, what kind of car is it?" He says, "Oh, I love this car so much, it’s a Miata". OMG. Ok, there are 3 cars that I think are the ultimate gay cars: 1. Miata 2. Anything VW 3. Eclipse

I just couldn't believe it. My little dorky, fedora wearing, tan shoes, with red shirt, and glasses, McLovin/midget sounding friend cruises around in a Miata. Sorry no, not happening. Let me say though, I am not shallow, superficial, or materialistic…..but come on….a Miata. If there was ever any hope of anything, he killed it with the Miata. He then proceeded to ask what I was doing Fri, Sat, Sun…..(all days which I am terribly busy), and then says…."Then maybe we can have dinner on Mon-Tues". To which I responded politely that I was terribly busy with work all of next week. I just told him we'd have to leave it "open ended"….emphasis on ENDED. Ugh, why am I such a chicken. I should have just been honest and told him that I just didn't feel a romantic connection with him….but I didn't want to hurt his feelings. Oh…and then I told my mom about McLovin and she was trying to convince me to give him another chance! Even after I told her all the things I didn't like about him (I left out the Miata part). I need to just stop talking to my mom about the guys I go out on dates with. Its like she wants me to find someone irregardless of whether I like him or not. I think I deserve to find someone that appeals to me in all the major areas. I am not looking for some handsome studd…..I just want someone that is nice, who smells good, and doesn't drive an effn Miata!

No comments: