Tuesday, November 25, 2008

When it rains, it pours.....

Finally!!!

So along with all the wonderful rain we've been getting in Socal....I finally have decent date candidates!

Candidate #1
Name: Matt, Match.com
Age/Height: 38/6'0
Occupation: Plumber
What I like about him: he's a cool guy. simple. easy to talk to. he knows how to fix stuff. he works with his hands. he's a guys guy. he likes to camp...we have not discussed what I consider camping (staying at the Best Western near the camp site) vs his idea of camping (tent, sleeping bag, sleeping on the floor). We've been talking since last week. Phone conversations are great. He is the first guy I have ever texted with that texts "ttyl". haha! Kinda cute...makes me smile that he does that. We have made plans to meet this upcoming Sat. Everytime we finish a phone conversations he says, "I am really looking forward to meeting you". That makes me smile too.

Candidate #2
Name: Mark, eHarmony (Yes....someone from eHarmony....keep reading)
Age/Height: 42/5'7
Occupation: Doctor
What I like about him: He's funny. A sense of humor is a must for me. big time. based on his pictures, he is not the type of guy i usually go for, but I also have to take into account that what I have been selecting for myself, has not necessarily been working for me. So, I am open to new experiences and new people. He is not an actual member of eHarmony (go figure). He did the whole "communicate for free" for 3 days promotion. Smart guy, cause he included his personal email address in one of his answers to my questions. In the promotional 3 days of free communication, non-members are able to communicate with eHarmony members, but they are unable to view the member's pictures. So Mr. Mark initiated communication with me sight unseen and solely based on what he read on my profile. Kudos to him for that alone! Online dating is crazy enough....let alone trying to talk to someone you have no idea what they look like. We've exchanged emails everyday this week (yes, I know, its only Wed...but still). We have also exchange pictures and tonight we exchanged phone numbers. We'll see what happens with this one.

Candidate #3
Name: Brad, Match.com
Age/Height: 38/5'10
Occupation: Self-employed
What I like about him: He is really cute! He thinks I'm really cute! works for me! haha!

1 comment:

Julia@SometimesLucid said...

I'm crossing my fingers, knocking on wood, and spitting three times (a european thing I think).