Sunday, November 23, 2008

Failure leads to Un-Failure?

Seems like lately I have been failing at being patient. My lack of patience brings me frustration, stress, and anxiety. Below are the situations:

1. Home repairs and my mother: what a terrible combination. It seems like I have to explain everything to her S-L-O-W-L-Y, which of course drives me crazy. Home repairs: omg...I am so tired of making decisions. I am so tired of my weekend drinking money going to cabinet hardware. wtf! thats not going to help me achieve a nice warm buzz.

2. My staff: I also have to speak to her S-L-O-W-L-Y. This one kills me the most, because there is not suppose to be a language barrier.

3. eHarmony: can I tell you how I am starting to detest eHarmony. Who can I contact for a full refund? I mean, its been about a month and I have yet to be matched up with someone who I like....and most importantly that likes me back. wtf?

4. My battle with the bulge. Ugh...every monday I begin my new diet. Today was not a good day. The only bright side is that I don't feel like a stuffed sausage in my jeans, so at least I have that going for me.

Things I have done to help myself and stop my Pity Party:

1. I speak slowly and patiently when conversing with my mother. And I keep telling her that it is important for me that she is happy. I now give her options "A" or "B"....not "A-E". Saves me a lot of grief. Weekend drinking money was put to good use. I purchased very nice cabinet hardware and I'm looking forward to seeing them on my beautiful new kitchen cabinets. I'll add pictures of my 3 month gray hair trigger. I swear, all this home improvement BS has resulted in 4 new gray hair sprouts. Now I have 7 gray hairs on my head!

2. My lame staff....I have started saying, "Please stop making mistakes". Not sure if this will work. This is still a work-in-progress. to be continued....oh, I need to get started on her mid-year review. I think she needs to be scared into thinking.

3. I revised my profile on eHarmony with a response to the following question:

Question #13 = Is there any additional information you would like your matches to know about you?
Answer #13 = Some additional information....Yeah, I have some additional information. eHarmony kinda blows! How long must I wait for an actual "Match" that I like and likes me back? So far, its been lots of mis-matches. I wonder if there is a help desk so I can open a ticket.

Not sure if the above will assist me in attracting a potential man-friend...but who gives a shit. Its not like what I had before was working. Hopefully this will attract someone like me....fed up with all this online dating BS and with a sense of humor. Heck, I'll even settle for some hate mail.

4. I had a wonderful dinner consisting of the following:
1 Spicy McChicken
1 Small French Fries
1 bottled water

And it was yummmmy!

1 comment:

Julia@SometimesLucid said...

Patience is not a virtue! It blows!